UNIQUE PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Super Antioxidant*
- Supports Circulatory Health & Joint Function*
- Patented Nutrient Clinically Studied for Heart Health*
Pycnogenol® is a unique and powerful natural plant extract derived from the bark of the French maritime pine tree, which grows in Les Landes in southwest France. Pycnogenol® possesses antioxidant properties that support the proper functioning of the skin, joints, immune system, cardiovascular system and eyes. Pycnogenol® also supports sugar metabolism.*
Pycnogenol® has been studied for over a decade and is a registered trademark of Horphag Research Ltd. Use of this product is protected by one or more of U.S. Patents #5,720,956/#6,372,266 and other international patents.
PhysioLogics Pycnogenol® is ideal for those looking to support their overall health. This unique plant nutrient works to support the entire body, from the skin to the immune system. In addition, Pycnogenol® promotes sugar metabolism.*
Everyday wear and tear on our joints can take its toll. Pycnogenol® may work to support healthy joints by inhibiting the release of matrix metalloproteases, thereby protecting cartilage and improving physical performance for those with joint concerns.*
Pycnogenol® provides nutrients which are typically found in the skins of many fruits and vegetables, such as apples, lemons and potatoes. However, not everyone consumes the skins of these foods, which is where supplementation may help.
- In a clinical study, 77 adults were supplemented with 100 mg of Pycnogenol® daily for 12 weeks. Results of this study found Pycnogenol® supports plasma glucose levels within a normal range. (Liu et al, 2003)
- Another clinical study involving 156 participants with joint concerns found significant results in joint function measures with 100 mg of Pycnogenol® daily compared to a placebo and baseline over a three month period. (Belcaro et al, 2008)
- A second clinical study of 100 participants with joint concerns showed significant results in comfort measures in comparison to baseline, when supplemented with 150 mg Pycnogenol® daily for 3 months. (Cisar et al, 2008)
- In an open label trial, 25 adults were supplemented with 150 mg Pycnogenol® daily for six weeks. Results showed an increase in the antioxidant capacity of plasma, showing the antioxidant properties of Pycnogenol®. (Devaraj et al, 2008)
Pycnogenol® is a unique and powerful natural plant extract which possesses antioxidant properties that support the health of the skin, joints, immune system, cardiovascular system and eyes. It may also support blood sugar metabolism.*
For adults, take one (1) capsule one or two times daily, preferably with a meal, or follow the advice of a healthcare professional.